Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Planning a Phenomenal Peppa Pig Party!

Over the last few weeks I've been planning Baby Bug's second birthday. My main goal is to throw a fun, Pinterest-y party with LOW stress levels. I know what you're thinking. "How can a room full of two year olds be stress free?!" Well, it probably wont be (it definitely wont be!), but I figure the more prepared I am, the smoother things will go! :)
 
One of the first things I did was look up and write down each decoration or food that I need to make. Bug's birthday theme is going to be Peppa Pig, so let's look at all the projects I chose! All of the ideas came from Pinterest, because, well.... Pinterest.
 
  • Peppa Backdrop
  • Dinosaur Juice
  • Balloon Cloud Backdrop
  • Popcorn Cups
  • Muddy Pudding
  • Grandpa Pig's Fruit
  • Grandma Pig's Veggies
  • Utensils in Watering Can
  • Lasagna
  • Corndogs
  • Cheese & Crackers
  • Favor Bags
  • Cake
  • Floor Balloons
  • Coloring Activity
  • Cardboard Twinkle Castle
  • Giant Picture '2'
  • Food Flags
 
Once I decided on the projects, I began my shopping list. I tried to keep it simple and as stress free and possible by choosing projects that did not require a lot of time (or dishes.) I made my shopping list with two categories; food & misc.



 
Bug's Peppa Party
 
Ice
Strawberries
Broccoli
Veggie Dip (ranch)
Gummy Worms
Corndogs
Ketchup/Mustard
Chocolate Pudding Cups
Oreo Crumble
Popcorn
2 Boxes Vanilla Cake Mix
2 Bags Marshmallows
Cube Cheese
Ritz Crackers
Mini Water Bottles
Green Juice
Lasagna
Ice Chest
Cups
Paper Straws
Utensils
Napkins
15 White Balloons
Large Pack of Colorful Balloons
Construction Paper
String
Green Table Cloth
Coloring Pages
Crayons
Popcorn Cups
Watering can
Favor Bags
Poster& Pictures for “2”
Peppa Back Drop
Dino Juice Sign
Food Flags Toothpicks
Two Round Table cloths
Three Tier Table
Three Large Cardboard Boxes
Twinkle Lights
 
 
 
Lastly, I decided to go full OCD and draw out blue prints of how I want the tables laid out. Blue prints equals preparedness equals LESS STRESS! :)
 



Now, that I've satisfied my control craving, I'm ready to get this party started! Bring on the screaming kids and Baby Bug's inevitable break down because Momma's got lists and blueprints... and Wine (for after of course). :)

Thanks for checking out this post and look for an update on how the party went and pictures next week!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment